Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2007 Racism ?? What?

Today I was needing to get a resume printed and faxed, sounds like a easy task.. Well not for the local White people in Shelbyville TN. Don't get me wrong... I am talking about the 2 White people that were working in the "The Express" in shelbyville TN. It is a small printing company the basically copies what Kinkos or some other print shop does.

I walk in and ask the lady (Looked like she was in her late 40's but had alot of make-up on) if she could check my Thumb Drive and print the Resume on it, and then fax it to a Number. She looks to the other employee and ask him to do it and he says, he is to busy, and.. he waits about 10-15 seconds to say the same thing, he is Busy and the Computer is busy. ??? So the lady turns to me and says what he just said, "The Computer is busy, we are just busy right now.. " ?? Are you kidding me? is what I thought...

Ok normally if a small business is busy, they don't want to lose business so they will let you know to come back in 10 minutes or something like that, but all i got was... We are busy.. .. .. .... .. ... ... Seriously, come one people.. I, look black, but then again I look Mexican, plus I was wearing my Afro that day.

What gives man, what gives. Many will say, "That is not racism", but that is..... it is what you call.. Indirect Racism... when I walked in the lady didn't think much about me, but the guy made a decision to help when he looked up and saw who I was.

2007 and people still act this way, Damn Shame.

No comments: